Saturday, July 2, 2011

'Government Approved'

This afternoon as I was coming home from Zaxby's, which was sadly lacking Doria, my usual Zaxby's buddy, I heard an advertisement on the radio for a fireworks store in Alabama.  In the ad they said that they had the largest selection of 'government approved' fireworks in the Southeast.

Government approved?

I find it highly disturbing that the government has taken the time to decide for me what is safe for me and what isn't.  To me, this feels a bit like a slap in the face.  "Citizen, we feel that you are too stupid to know what's best for yourself, so we're going to decide for you, thereby relieving you of having to think for yourself and make decisions that we don't approve of."


This is the kind of government interference that has made me a supporter of the Libertarian Party.  I want the government to be minimized as much as possible, and only do what "We the People" ASK it to do.  I want the government to have as little influence in my life as possible.  I don't need help making decisions, least of all by any group of corrupt, self-serving politicians.  They always seem to forget that they aren't elected to further THEIR agenda...they're elected to further OUR agenda.  Rarely are they ever the same.

I'm not here to jump on your back and try to convert you from one political cult to another, but I do encourage you to give the Libertarian cause a once or twice over and consider it.  Check out your local Libertarian candidates.  As far as I'm concerned, it is our best option!

2 comments:

  1. Awe Zaxbys. How did I miss that, oh I lub some Zaxbys! Yea, not political here, but total BS they seem to think they know whats best for us. Whats the point in being all growd up and going to work eryday only for them to tell me whats good for me. Here's an idea, pay my fucking bills. thats whats good for me. asshats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, well you have the Liberals to thank for the government trying to work itself into every single part of your life! Gotta get rid of them before we can start improving things! :)

    ReplyDelete