Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Round and Round We Go...

Do you ever have the feeling that your life is stuck in an endless loop.  The terrible feeling that you may be living the exact same day over and over.  Getting up at the same time.  Eating at the same time.  Going to work at the same time.  Doing the same thing as the day before and will be doing the same thing the next day.  Going home at the same time (mercifully...).  Go to bed at the same time.  Repeat.

Yeah, that's the feeling that I've been having for a while now.  Don't get me wrong, having a good job these days is quite an accomplishment, and I'm thankful for it, but let's just say that the monotony sometimes becomes overwhelming.

Five years ago, if someone had told me that this is where I'd be stuck, I would've told them that they're full of shit.  Back then everything was looking up, and the economy seemed to have nowhere to go but up.  A few years and a few layoffs later, here I am.  So it goes.  For now.

1 comment:

  1. story of my life, wait until you've been doing it for 7 years and counting, lucky me, "Ground Hog Day" is one of my all time favorite movies :)

    ReplyDelete