Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Sex Pistols, and my Weekend.

Watch!

 

 This is my favorite song at the moment...I actually consider it my "theme song" is a person can have such a thing.  Peter Griffin did, and that's good enough for me.  I've loved the Sex Pistols for quite some time and consider them the epitome of Punk Rock.  I think that they're what all Punk bands should strive to be like. Their sound is raw, powerful and has a very "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" attitude.

Also notice that in this video, Glen Matlock is playing bass instead of Sid Vicious.  I'm not sure when this video was recorded.  It was either during a period where Sid and Johnny weren't getting along (which was a lot), or after Sid had died from the overdose.

Good stuff!

On another note, this weekend was pretty great!  I got to spend a lot of time with a very awesome woman, who I've been dying to spend more time with.  Last night we went to see Rehab at Wild Bills.  Pretty good show!  The two opening acts were definitely different, though!   But yeah, I'm pretty thoroughly happy about the whole weekend, and it's because of the person I spent it with :)

2 comments:

  1. I know! Man,I wish that I had been around back when the Pistols were still touring. One of the guys at work made me a CD of the show they played in Atlanta way back in '78 or '79! I'll have to let you listen to it next time you're over. The guitarist was amazing, as always!

    ReplyDelete