Monday, June 13, 2011

We're just a Minor Threat! And that's okay.

Since we were on the topic of Punk Rock, and having devoted my previous entry to a British band that is possibly the most famous group of Punk Rockers ever, I thought that this time I would give a little attention to an American Punk Rock band that was responsible for kicking off the Punk Rock movement here in the states.  A seldom mentioned band from Washington D.C. called Minor Threat.  However, you may recognize the name Ian MacKaye, who was not only the vocalist for Minor Threat, but also went on to sing for Fugazi.

Let's take a look at a couple of Minor Threat tracks, two of my favorites, that show two different styles of the band.  First off, their self-titled song, from their self-titled album...Minor Threat, on "Minor Threat" by Minor Threat.  Okay, here we go:


A very aggressive, heavily distorted guitar track...probably not a heavily rehearsed song.  Short and to the point!  Next up is a song called "Good Guys Don't Wear White," also from the "Minor Threat" album.  Two very different sounds to come from the same album.  Check it out...


There are a few other Minor Threat songs that I really enjoy, and I just may post them at a later date.  But for now, go out and hit YouTube and check out some more of their stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Sadly I must say I've never listened to this one. Or really got to heavy into Punk rock! But keep on rawkin anyways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, hanging around me, I'll definitely inflict more Punk Rock on you. But, of course, mixed in with all our favorite NIN tunes, too! :)

    ReplyDelete